Nancy Peng is a visual artist from Waterloo Ontario Canada. She is a watercolour and mixed media instructor at Button Factory Arts and is exploring various printmaking methods. She also designs and creates jewellery using precious metals at The Jewellery Studio, Kitchener.
“I am an artist but forever a student. As a teacher, I strive to encourage and share my joy of art. As a volunteer I support the local community to bring a sense of belonging to others. I search for the beauty beyond the flaws and imperfections and find inspiration in nature as well as the people around me.”
Teaching Tuesdays 1:30-3:30pm at Button Factory Arts in Waterloo (April 11,2017 6 weeks). Register for classes through Button Factory Arts 25 Regina St. S. Waterloo ON (519) 886-4577.
- 2016 1st Place Homer Watson Gallery Curator’s Choice, KWSA juried show
- Featured artist May 2016 Art That Moves You on the Grand River Transit
- 2015 1st Place Button Factory juried show
- 2015 2nd place Press printmaking juried show, Waterloo
- 2015 2nd place Brush Off at Button Factory Arts,
- 2015 Curator’s Choice honorable mention, Homer Watston House and Gallery
- March 19, 2017 reception at Homer Watson House and Gallery, Kitchener.
- Nov 4-19, 2014 -“Beyond the Surface” a collection of watercolour paintings and printmaking at Button Factory Arts.
Member of the KW Society of artists Nancy’s page
Founding member of the Laurelwood Neighbourhood Association (since 1999) http://www.laurelwood.ca and organizer of Community + Art show 2012, 2016, instructor for the LWNA workshop 2016 in collaboration with the City of Waterloo Portrait Project. Organizer of Culture Days 2016 events in Waterloo and St. Jacobs.
Contact Nancy Peng -nancyhpeng (at) gmail (dot) com.