Nancy Peng is a visual artist from Waterloo Ontario Canada. She is a watercolour and mixed media instructor at Button Factory Arts and is exploring various printmaking methods. She also designs and creates jewellery using precious metals at The Jewellery Studio, Kitchener.
“I am an artist but forever a student. As a teacher, I strive to encourage and share my joy of art. As a volunteer I support the local community to bring a sense of belonging to others. I search for the beauty beyond the flaws and imperfections and find inspiration in nature as well as the people around me.”
Teaching Tuesdays 1:30-3:30pm at Button Factory Arts in Waterloo (Sept 2017 6 weeks). Look for printmaking seniors workshops Nov 2017. Register for classes through Button Factory Arts 25 Regina St. S. Waterloo ON (519) 886-4577.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- 2017 Juried show Button Factory Arts
- 2017 Press Juried printmaking show
- 2017 Views 150 window exhibit at Button Factory Arts
- 2017 Featured artist in Grand Magazine June issue
- 2016 1st Place Homer Watson Gallery Curator’s Choice, KWSA juried show
- Featured artist May 2016 Art That Moves You on the Grand River Transit
- 2015 1st Place Button Factory juried show
- 2015 2nd place Press printmaking juried show, Waterloo
- 2015 2nd place Brush Off live painting competition at Button Factory Arts,
- 2015 Curator’s Choice honorable mention, Homer Watston House and Gallery
- 2017 March – Apr. “Confluence”, Homer Watson House and Gallery, Kitchener.
- 2014 Nov 4-19 -“Beyond the Surface” a collection of watercolour paintings and printmaking at Button Factory Arts.
Co-op member and Marketing Chair of the Art District Gallery in downtown Kitchener, 310 King St. E. Opening show May 8, 2015 www.artdistrictgallery.org. New shows every 6 weeks. Pop-up group shows throughout Waterloo Region Nancy’s page
Coordinator of the KW Society of artists members annual show in June Nancy’s page.
Listed in the Japanese Canadian Artists Directory
Founding member of the Laurelwood Neighbourhood Association (since 1999) http://www.laurelwood.ca and organizer of Community + Art show 2012, 2016, instructor for the LWNA workshop 2016 in collaboration with the City of Waterloo Portrait Project. Organizer of Culture Days 2016, 2017 events in Waterloo and St. Jacobs.
Contact Nancy Peng -nancyhpeng (at) gmail (dot) com.